2015 North Canterbury Classic Tour

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

2015 North Canterbury Classic Tour

Postby KiwiBirkin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi to all just received this from Trevor who runs the trip, this is always a great trip to go on with upwards or 100-200 cars depending on the wearher

Well here we are just seven weeks before our big event, the 2015 North Canterbury Classic tour. As advised late last year, it’s on Sunday 22nd March. Sophie and I have planned and driven the route. This year the ks are shorter than most previous NCCT’s, the morning section 65ks, the afternoon section 46ks (plus your return home ks).

However, nonetheless interesting though. Starting from John Stewart’s Hi-Tech Building Systems at 656 Wairakei Road, Russley (Next to his Bel Air Gardens and Classic Car Museum). This year, owing to the shorter ks, we can afford to start 30 minutes or so later. First classic away at 10am rather than 9.15/9.30 time slot as in previous years.

Many roads never previously travelled and a variety too. A two-lap drive-through at a new over 50’s village is one new feature. Here, I am told, residents are planning to dress-up in period costume! (Looking forward to that). A pleasant lunch venue we have not used ever before, on the NCCT or the Henry Ford Memorial rally. And it has on site a new coffee and real fruit ice-cream shop! (They have donated ten $5 vouchers which we will give out on ‘lucky number’ route sheets). Finish venue is a country café with plenty of room, plus a display we will keep under wraps in the meantime. I have The Breeze FM radio station supporting us now (via James Daniels, an ex North Beach Primary School student as was I) so our attending numbers could increase substantially! Maybe our vehicle numbers could exceed 200 once again. Last time was in 2007 when we had 252!

Please mark March 22 down on your calendar NOW.

Regards to all

Trevor
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:
KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Return to South Island