Prouty's Hayabusa Turbo Locost

For keeping us up dated on your building of a Clubbie/Seven replica

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
User's Projects / Build Ups Forum Rules
This section of where you guys can show off the progress you make as your build comes together of your clubman, give details of any modification progress, share pictures etc. There are just a few rules that need to be followed for this forum to stay nice, clean and easy to use:

1. ONE thread per project please. You all have access to edit your own posts, so do that. You may post as many times as you feel like it within your allocated thread.
2. Only the person who owns the thread may post in it. Any others will be deleted. If you want to ask questions, comment or start a discussion, start a thread in the Project Discussion section or use the private message function.
3. You may not use your thread for anything else apart from showing off your car and it's build process, use the other forums for this.
4. Thread titles must be include your user name and a little about the project please.

Important : As this was a exsisting forum moved to its new home all exsisting build diarys will carry on as they are but by the new rules

Cheers Stephen

Prouty's Hayabusa Turbo Locost

Postby Proutyc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:42 am

Thought this is the best way to show the updates on what appears to be a car with good bones.

All the lights etc will be modernised with LED and maybe Halo on the driving lamps

The car currently has an injected 4AGE with a few modifications.

At the moment just piecing together the replacement engine and a few composite parts. My engine is designing a cradle to sit the engine into

The engine thats going in

Here the custom dash we are fitting

Proutyc

Re: Prouty's Hayabusa Turbo Locost

Postby Proutyc » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Just about to start building up the engine. This engine has lower compression pistons than my race engine as this will spend most of its time on 98 octane, while the race car is on e85

Carrillo rods all sized and inspected.

Pistons have arrived. Will be setting the rings over the weekend

Gauges are modified and the new lamada, oil pressure, oil temp gauges that will be installed into the carbon dash

I have also flashed the hayabusa ecu so that it can control the turbo fueling, removed the bike sensors and also remove all the limiters

Head just came back from having porting work, after market spring and kibblewhite stainless valves
Proutyc

Postby Proutyc » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Also just serviced the shocks.

These are called dynamic dssv and are very adjustable. These shocks are used by red bull f1, and a number of lmp1 cars.

I was lucky enough to get these from the winding down of the gt3 panoz program.

Last edited by Proutyc on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proutyc

Postby Proutyc » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:37 pm

More engine parts arrived today. Almost ready to go start the turbo build.

Upgraded engine studs to take the planned 250-300hp

All new engine bearing so will the engine will be as good as new throughout.
Proutyc

Postby Proutyc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:19 am

Taken me a little while but finally had my mate in the USA track me down another one of these beautys

Turbo comes from the current spec indycar. These are light, weighing in just over 5kg as pictured. I use this same turbo on my race car (same engine to) and we are seeing 350hp at the wheels at 11psi. Full boost is at 4.5k rpm, they are light and efficent.

Cant wait to see how this looks on the side of the 7

Proutyc

Postby Proutyc » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:52 am

Feeling very lucky.

Last night was online about to order the output drive, a electric reverse kit and pricing up paddles all from the UK when I thought hang on lets check what a car starter motor is going to add to the bill. What I found at that time was this little beauty online so snapped it up. This should make things alot simpler

Proutyc

Postby Proutyc » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 am

Thankfully almost at the end of just spending money and not installing anything.

Drive flange all made for the ford driveshaft

Billet alloy paddles ready for install
Proutyc

Postby Proutyc » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Billet sump has arrived to so now we are pretty close to being able to finish the motor

Proutyc

Return to Build Diaries