7dreamers Datseven

For keeping us up dated on your building of a Clubbie/Seven replica

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
User's Projects / Build Ups Forum Rules
This section of where you guys can show off the progress you make as your build comes together of your clubman, give details of any modification progress, share pictures etc. There are just a few rules that need to be followed for this forum to stay nice, clean and easy to use:

1. ONE thread per project please. You all have access to edit your own posts, so do that. You may post as many times as you feel like it within your allocated thread.
2. Only the person who owns the thread may post in it. Any others will be deleted. If you want to ask questions, comment or start a discussion, start a thread in the Project Discussion section or use the private message function.
3. You may not use your thread for anything else apart from showing off your car and it's build process, use the other forums for this.
4. Thread titles must be include your user name and a little about the project please.

Important : As this was a exsisting forum moved to its new home all exsisting build diarys will carry on as they are but by the new rules

Cheers Stephen

7dreamers Datseven

Postby 7dreamer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:24 am

So I'm starting over. After toiling away with my original car for several years I had the unfortunate realisation that the chassis was rubbish. All the suspension mounting point were off square ie the diff duzn sit square in the chassis and the front is the same and as I used the chassis to reference the pick ups I added they are all out of wack too. But any way I had purchased another chassis with the intention of building a club sport skid car with all the extra parts I've collected over time. Now the plan is to use that chassis which isn't perfect but is workable. I am re engineering the front suspension inspired by formula fords and the new Macgreggor chassis.
I am going to use all the suspension steering etc components from the Mazda car and a Datsun a12 with my r1 carbs and datsun dog leg 5 speed gear box. So far I have drawn and fabricobbled half the front suspension got the build table flat and level and about to cut half the chassis off.
Image Image Image Image Image
7dreamer

Re: 7dreamers Datseven

Postby 7dreamer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:15 pm

So i have templated the front suspension onto some mdf so i can get the upper suspension mounts in the correct place relative to the lower suspension. I am also splicing new top rails on so that I can accomodate the new suspension mounts which will be the same style as the lower. I will need to find some more mdf to make another template so I can jig the top and bottom mounts and attach them to the chassis permanently then onto the diff mounts. Image
7dreamer

Postby 7dreamer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Definetly no going Back now...Any one need a locost front cut ?
7dreamer

Postby 7dreamer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:41 am

Bit more work done. Front A arm mounts pretty much done few more braces and the shock mounts to add but I ran out of gas last night. so ill get onto them later. I decided to make the top arms mounts the same width as the bottom just for ease of fabrication of the arms and these chassis mods. so hopefully that wont bite me in the ass later.
on to steering rack mounts now.
7dreamer

Return to Build Diaries