New Member Hanmer Springs

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

New Member Hanmer Springs

Postby Ticker » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Thanks for allowing me to join your forums despite the lack of a 7.
My current project in this area is the design and build of a facsimile Rocket, the motorbike engined tandem seater designed by Gordon Murray in the 90s and built in very small numbers by Chris Craft in that period. About 50 built as I understand and a collectors item now. The original used a spaceframe chassis, 1+1 seating, 1000cc Yamaha engine with bespoke and expensive transmission that included a reverse gear. Car has the appearance of a 70s formula car with cycle guards. All up 385kg.
Unfortunately I don't have access to the original design (it wouldn't meet our LVVTA requirements anyway) nor to the sort of money involved with the transmission. So my design will be different in many areas, although it will (hopefully) look much the same, albeit a little heavier. I am using a Honda CBR1100XX (Blackbird) engine and gearbox and a Mazda MX5 as donor vehicle for uprights, brakes, diff, steering rack and other odds and sods. So there is some commonality with Locosts etc using this source for components. Intended use is as a fun road car with the possibility of clubman type racing.
Currently I have concept approval from LVVTA and am currently working on detailed drawings.
Cheers,
Neil
Ticker

Re: New Member Hanmer Springs

Postby bzrse7en » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:36 am

Sounds pretty cool, welcome.
Patrick
bzrse7en

Postby yoeddynz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 pm

I had or might still have an article about Gordon and his rocket. I'll look for it. Pretty cool little car. Would be so tiny on the road = more road to play on :-)

Please do start a build diary !
yoeddynz

Postby nz_climber » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:47 am

Welcome to the forums, look forward to seeing the build

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
nz_climber
Paid Member

Return to Welcome to our forums