Canterbury Fiat-Lancia Track Day Sat May 28th

Anything to do with track days and track events

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

Canterbury Fiat-Lancia Track Day Sat May 28th

Postby KiwiBirkin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:38 pm

I have received the yearly email from Geoff Tie for the Fiat- Lancia track day at Ruapuna, below is the email and support documents attached to this post

Cheers Stephen

Hi all,
You are invited to submit an entry form for this year's Driver Training Day, to be held at the Mike Pero Motorsport Park, Ruapuna on Saturday May 28th 2016.
Please feel free to copy the forms and distribute to other members who have suitable vehicles to participate.
Eligibility of vehicles rests with me. If in doubt, ask!
See attached regs for suitable vehicles.
Also attached is details on fire extinguishers and mounting, which some may find helpful. It is an email and will open with Thunderbird or Windows live mail.
If you can't open it, and need it, let me know and i'll send it to you directly.

Caio

Geoff Tie,
 Track Day Organiser.
Attachments
2016 CFLC Track Day Entry Supplementary Regs (1).doc
Track Day entry Form
(51 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
2016 CFLC Driver Training -Program.doc
Track Day Program
(190 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:
KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Re: Canterbury Fiat-Lancia Track Day Sat May 28th

Postby Birdman 7 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:30 pm

Well it looks like the weather gods are not going to shine on our parade on Saturday. Let's hope for it all to blow through faster or slower than presently predicted, otherwise I will probably forfeit my $100 and just come out to watch the rest of you and the tin tops. :cry: Last time I drove in rain the term bucket seats had a literal meaning. :lol:
Last edited by Birdman 7 on Thu May 26, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birdman 7
Paid Member

Postby heavyseven » Thu May 26, 2016 1:26 pm

I haven't paid anything yet, but figure I'll try and give it a go. Even a partly dry day would offer me adequate entertainment for my money, provided I can get there in the morning for inspection/training without drowning...
heavyseven
Paid Member

Postby Birdman 7 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Ok, so the forecast released at 5pm indicates that the rain should stop about 8am. I can handle that. Track will be wet in the morning then drying (hopefully) but it might be difficult to get much heat into the tyres.

I have convinced my daughter's boyfriend to bring his Fiat Abarth along to have a go, so all things being equal, I will see those of you there who are intending to be there :!:
Birdman 7
Paid Member

Postby Birdman 7 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Aaagh donner and blitzen!! Metservice have changed the forecast again - in the last 10 minutes. Now it is predicted to rain almost all day. :cry: I was really getting my hopes up earlier.
Birdman 7
Paid Member

Postby heavyseven » Fri May 27, 2016 9:37 pm

I reckon, Saw both updates myself. Now it just looks miserable.
I think I might come along for a peek though, in a different vehicle...
heavyseven
Paid Member

Postby heavyseven » Fri May 27, 2016 10:05 pm

So when's the next seven friendly track day my vehicle would comply with?
heavyseven
Paid Member

Postby heavyseven » Sat May 28, 2016 4:29 pm

I stopped by the track with Stephanie while out running errands, and found the environment quite welcoming despite having arrived rather late in the day.
Grant was already there having done a few laps.
So I went home and grabbed my car and a few bits and bobs, while Stephanie carried on with other things.
To summarise, It was fun popping my track day cherry, though I am home already avoiding more bad weather...

Statistics follow.
Number of spins: 1
Number of missed gears: 1
Correct lines followed: -1
Number of times passed: who can count.

But I had a blast, and with a few comfort and safety improvements to the car in mind, I look forward to the next occasion :)
I'm thinking wind deflector instead of the screen to reduce helmet vibration (did not anticipate that being a thing), tighten the mirrors, get a better centre mirror and replace the ignition barrel switch for post spin success...
Also a warm hat for time spent standing about.

I got a little video of my embarrassment, but no audio due to mic in the airflow.
I sure do look like a nanna on video.
I'll upload it sometime if anyone needs some sleep...
heavyseven
Paid Member

Postby Birdman 7 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Well done Lachlan, glad you made it out with your car. You've done your first spin and found that these cars are pretty forgiving even when heading round and round. I had a blast and Theo in his Abarth (also a track day virgin) is still smiling from ear to ear.

My new brake pads are brilliant and give heaps of progressive feel. They sure stink when hot, but not a hint of fade. They are now well and truly bedded in!

We left just at the right time, as the rain started just as we backed the car into the garage. Perfect.

Roll on next time.
Birdman 7
Paid Member

Postby jmsnz » Sat May 28, 2016 5:27 pm

Well done Lachlan for getting out there. The Fiat/Lancia day is a really good low key way to experience track time. Grant you must be something of a pro now with the number of times you have done that day 8-)

Wasn't an option for me this year, I think that there is more of my car on the shed floor than attached to it at the moment!
jmsnz
Paid Member

Next

Return to Track days & Events