Build your shed, where you would like it...

Discuss any thing else here.

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

Build your shed, where you would like it...

Postby steveb » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:15 am

So having relocated to a larger property, having space for a decent sized workshop, i mean storage shed as local council frowns upon workshops on property boundaries. the position is on flat ground while most of the property gently slopes away into "testing paddocks"
The boundaries are called a "setback" and they surely are just that, because my neighbor has greater than 6 hectares i have a set back of 7.5 meters from that boundary and 25 meters from the road boundary, go figure,
that's a big building in itself, however via a consultant (and resource consents +$$) there is a good chance of a 3 meter set back on both boundaries. Another "setback on starting a new chassis".
So what issues have you encountered
steveb

Re: Build your shed, where you would like it...

Postby 7dreamer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:43 am

So I guess you're on a semi rural lifestyle type block. By the time you put in a shelter belt of poplars or macrocarpas that takes up 2-2.5 meter you could use the space I behind that for sheep/goat/alpaca yards. You could also add a lean too timber/steel rack Or fire wood storage. Wat ever you do leave enough room so you can hide your next project car/boat/motor bike behind it so the Mrs duzn see it for a couple of months.
7dreamer

Return to Off Topic