Bugatti Project

Discuss any thing else here.

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

Re: Bugatti Project

Postby Gollum » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Awesome Pete, living the dream!

I love that it has 15's on it with proper big-profile tyres and white lettering. Low profile tyres on a Cobra are just wrong
Gollum

Postby Not-a-Number » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:29 am

They look good but they are track tyres. It needs to be a bit lower at the back to look right too but it has 10.5in big bulgy wobbly things which hit the arches as they are.

So plan is to get some road tyres and skinny them up to 9in. That should mean I can drop it an inch. Also skinnier on the front should make it lighter and not track all over the road as much.

This is Lotus logic though so I dont know how that will go on a Cobra. Its only 280hp so I dont need huge sticky tyres.

Definitely keep it big profile with white lettering, just skinnier. :D
Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Postby Gollum » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:00 am

Driving a Cobra replica up the Pacific Coast Highway has always been a dream of mine. If I win Lotto tonight I'll see you up there next summer....

Now put some black vinyl on that dash!
Gollum

Postby Not-a-Number » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 am

Gollum wrote:Driving a Cobra replica up the Pacific Coast Highway has always been a dream of mine. If I win Lotto tonight I'll see you up there next summer....

Now put some black vinyl on that dash!

I'll rent it to you at mates rates.

Agreed. I'm going to either chop off that center console and wrap it or make an Ali one and engine turn it. Comes with a set of all new gauges too!
Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Postby Gollum » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:49 am

That blue is fantastic! A single chrome hoop and you've nailed my dream car. I checked out Shell Valley and they look great. So many Cobra replicas somehow mess it up but yours looks 'right'.

Can't rent it I'm afraid :D An important part of my dream is that the car comes home with me so everythime I drive it I remember the US roadtrip.....
Gollum

Previous

Return to Off Topic