wheel spacers, behind disc?

Idle chat about any thing Sevens & Clubman cars.

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

wheel spacers, behind disc?

Postby steveb » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:33 pm

a question, wishing to widen the rear track, i am thinking of fitting 20 mm wheel spacers behind the disc, this would make fitting rear brake calipers simple (read: less complicated). rear axle was an original brake drum.
the spacers have been made with a locating spigot, which still protrudes the wheel hole center even when fitted behind the disc. the spigot spacer locates onto the axle spigot.
i have a Toyota rear axle, fitted with Nissan rims, the Nissan having a larger center hole than Toyota. thus required a locating spigot which are a press fit into the spacers.
the disc is 5 mm thick, meaning the spigot has another 5 mm inside it if mounted behind the disc, however the spacers are easier to remove if mounted on the front of the disc.
any reasons that you can think of that would make this a bad idea?
just trying to find a backyard solution using what i have, but without the back yard look! :lol:
probably need to put up some photos...
steveb

Re: wheel spacers, behind disc?

Postby bzrse7en » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Post on LVVTA forum. They are normally quick to answer.
bzrse7en

Re: wheel spacers, behind disc?

Postby steveb » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Thanks Patrick, good input. the seven project is going on the back burner, again. we are selling up leaving Auckland. may be a while, until a new workshop is built.
Plenty of thinking time until then.
steveb

Return to General Sevens Chat