What do people think about this:

Full cars or Part projects for sale or wanted including those on Trademe.

(Please do not list car parts here as they will get deleted)

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

What do people think about this:

Postby Fish86 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:07 pm

I want a bit of a project car but I am always quite hesitant on cars that have not been certified yet. I have access to everything you could possible need to modify things but I guess it would be great to get the more knowledgeable peoples opinions on this.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1276053498

Thanks
Fish86

Re: What do people think about this:

Postby 7ish » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:29 pm

You could expect to pay close to $2000 for certification inspections and compliance.

Assuming everything was done properly so far, another couple of grand to finish plus paint at about $2000 ( unless you can do it yourself). So you are at about $13000 on the road.

There have been some cheap 7's on TM recently, already complete and certified. Personally, I would be reluctant to tackle someone else's partly finished project unless it was very highly spec'd.

Up to you really, sorry.
7ish
7ish
Paid Member

Postby Fish86 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks 7ish. Don't be sorry, it is that feedback I am looking for. I am quite mechanically inclined and I have access to multiple machine shops at work with just about all you could ever want in terms of equipment, but I have never really messed around with cars too much.
Fish86

Postby bzrse7en » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:02 am

A arms on the early mcGregors prob won't pass anymore, so factor that in for a start. The rules on most other things havent changed much.
bzrse7en

Postby heavyseven » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:50 am

A chassis that age most likely needs drive shaft hoops added for compliance. But they aren't hard to put into a McGregor if the tunnel is still partly open like this one.
heavyseven
Paid Member

Postby Fish86 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:18 am

bzrse7en wrote:A arms on the early mcGregors prob won't pass anymore, so factor that in for a start. The rules on most other things havent changed much.

It seems like he has considered this as he mentioned having new A arms. Good to point out though, thanks
Fish86

Return to Cars for Sale / Wanted