Pete's Leitch

For keeping us up dated on your building of a Clubbie/Seven replica

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
User's Projects / Build Ups Forum Rules
This section of where you guys can show off the progress you make as your build comes together of your clubman, give details of any modification progress, share pictures etc. There are just a few rules that need to be followed for this forum to stay nice, clean and easy to use:

1. ONE thread per project please. You all have access to edit your own posts, so do that. You may post as many times as you feel like it within your allocated thread.
2. Only the person who owns the thread may post in it. Any others will be deleted. If you want to ask questions, comment or start a discussion, start a thread in the Project Discussion section or use the private message function.
3. You may not use your thread for anything else apart from showing off your car and it's build process, use the other forums for this.
4. Thread titles must be include your user name and a little about the project please.

Important : As this was a exsisting forum moved to its new home all exsisting build diarys will carry on as they are but by the new rules

Cheers Stephen
us texas 7

Re: Pete's Leitch

Post by us texas 7 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 am

That sounds about the same as my car. It was certed in New Zealand in 1997. It never wanders from straight going down the road, but does not go fully back to straight without slight assistance. It too is better at lower tire pressure. Good luck with the cert. Robert.

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Dropped it off at frasers today. Pretty windy on the harbour bridge! That was fun :D Neils looking over it tomorrow so fingers crossed not too much to change.

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Picked the car up today. Didn't pass but was very close, no majors so I'm pretty happy. Too noisy, 102 db and my brake pedal is a two piece welded job and under size. Also speedo and gear lever boot.

So I need to make a new 8mm 1 piece pedal and maybe mount an extra muffler under the back of the car.

Looks like a weekends work :D .

Still having trouble with my distributor. It won't sit on 10 degrees, will hunt from 6 to 12 (can't hear it in the idle though). It goes dead flat at 4000 revs and doesn't want to go any higher. Need to find a distributor tuner and get my curve set right.

Bridge driving was fun in the rain. Lucky I had my safely glasses :lol:

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:17 pm

It passed its cert! :D :D . When the certplate comes in I can go for compliance. Should be legal for summer and my bet is looking close! :lol:

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:05 am

I dont know why, but I impulse bought this aero screen off trademe yesterday! :lol:

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:35 am

My dads a watchmaker so to fill the hole in my dash where the volt gauge use to be I now have a clock. Its got the markings for military and is dated for WW2. Wonder which warbird its out of? :D

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Fitted my windscreen and Armoralld my roof. Cleaned up well.

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Finally solved my issue with no power after 4k revs. There would just be dead spots randomly and they would change all the time. Thought it was my advance messing with me and I don't know how many times I've takn the dizzy apart and tested advances and changed springs etc.

The issue. 3rd cylinder main jet stack had almost fallen out! :oops: . Was as loose as it could be. Makes perfect sense now! So much more power its awesome. :lol:

Still waiting on cert plate! Itching for a road trip. :D

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Oh yip no big deal :D

Fully legal!!!

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:40 am

Did a 900k round trip to Napier and back to pick up my new wheels.

They look really good. Problem was my nuts for my old wheels were too short and the long nuts that came with the wheels were the wrong thread. So I had to carry 4 wheels back with me :lol:

So now I need to find some long 7/16 lug nuts. Repcos and supercheaps only have standard short ones.

I have to thank everyone for the help in getting this car on the road, there has been a lot of good advice and generous people giving me parts! It was all quite painless really (minus the pain of having no $$). If anyone needs to know how much things cost I can let you know. The car owes me what I could buy a leitch for on TM except the bonus is mines is mechanically new I guess and I know every nut and bolt.

Cheers Rookie for all youre help with the Kent and Webers. It runs mint, sounds awesome and hasnt missed a beat for 1000miles! So we'll see how long that lasts :lol: Its as thirsty as my subaru, now I own two really un economical cars ! The dream :?