New member from Ellerslie

Please introduce yourself here

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

us texas 7

Re: New member from Ellerslie

Post by us texas 7 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Lancer,
Although I haven't driven a Brikin I have looked at several in stages of cmpletion and on the road. The American importer/distrubitor is about 100 miles away from my home and I have visited often. They look to be well built. Here is information you might like to read.
http://www.texasmotorworks.com
I don't know that you would want to import a US carto New Zaland. The World Class Motorsport Ultralite S2K is a great Seven for the price. I can highly recomend them. I love mine. They come up for sale used in the US for reasonable prices. They were built near Dallas, only a bit over an hour away from me. Cheaper than a Brikin and a great deal less than Caterham. I don't know the expense to ship but might be worth the trouble.
Information on the S2K can be found at;
http://www.ultralite.co
Good luck on your search,
Robert

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:02 pm

Lancer wrote:Thanks Stephen,
You would be the man to ask this as you obviously own a Birkin yourself. What is the difference in build quality and value between a Birkin and a Fraser. I have wanted a Fraser 7 for years as I have always appreciated its authentic approach towards the original Lotus concept. But Birkin is a whole new, un-thought of option of which I know very little about. The $15k one on Trade Me looks like a very tempting option but due to my ignorance on the brand, I'm reluctant to bid. Can you help me out with some info?
Cheers
Lance
Hi Lance

Sorry for the late reply I have been away on holiday for 7 days with limited internet, if you want to call me on my mobile in OZ and we can discuss the Birkin its 0415 883 092 and I can tell you every thing I know, or I ]can can call you.

Cheers Stephen
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

Lancer

Post by Lancer » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:27 am

Hi Gollum,
I used to know your car when Charlie Conway owned it but got to know it a bit better when Aldas Palubinskas owned it in the '80s. Good to see it still has a loving home. (Aldas traded it back to Charlie and bought his De Tomaso Pantera)
Cheers
Lance

Gollum

Post by Gollum » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi Lance,

I don't know about a loving home - it's a love/hate relationship! I used to watch Aldas race it at the Pukekohe Club Circuit back in the 80's!
The owners I have so far are: Rex Nalder, Murray Biddick, Aldas Palubinskas, Charlie Conway in that order. It sounds from what you're saying that Charlie may have sold it to Aldas as a dealer. I've been in contact with Rex Nalder's son, Murray Biddick and Charlie Conway as well as the production manager from Steel Brothers who remembers the car.

Cheers,

Paul.

Lancer

Post by Lancer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:07 pm

I could be wrong but I always thought that Aldas bought it off Charlie. I can give him a call and find out if you like?

Gollum

Post by Gollum » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:37 pm

He probably did buy it off Charlie. I think a lot of the local S4s went through his yard several times. I bought it off him as well. I saw Aldas in his Pantera shortly after he bought it, he sure liked to give it a bit of stick! The rumour was that he blew it up at a great rate of knots. Not sure how accurate that was but it fitted with his flamboyant driving style!

I don't suppose you've got any pictures of the old beast from 'back in the day'?

Lancer

Post by Lancer » Wed May 20, 2015 6:47 pm

No I dont - but I'm good mates with his brother Vaidas - so I'll ask if he has any pics.