ACC levy on a scratch built car

Idle chat about any thing Sevens & Clubman cars.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

bzrse7en

ACC levy on a scratch built car

Post by bzrse7en » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:55 pm

My 23 is in for compliance and a set of plates tomorrow :D (about bloody time).
The significant other asked what the Rego cost would be, knowing it hasn't got airbags, ABS etc, the ACC levy will be higher.
Anyway, I'm not so sure, wondering if the fee is based on statistics, I doubt there are many deaths & injuries from scratch builds.
What rego are people paying for their late model scratch built cars?

Patrick

feckn7

Re: ACC levy on a scratch built car

Post by feckn7 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:28 pm

full rate here.

nz_climber
Paid Member

Post by nz_climber » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Mine and my dad's are both on the cheapest rate because there is no stats so they seem to go off the rego year (2012 for mine) so you should be good.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Post by Birdman 7 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi Patrick,

My rego is on the lowest ACC rate and the car was first registered new in 2011. As Aaron said it looks like they might calc it on the year, presumably as there are minimal or no accidents for LVVT vehicles rather than the crash test model rating, which my car missed for some reason :roll: . We have six vehicles in our household and the McGregor is the cheapest to reg by a reasonable margin. Even my Beemer which is two years newer is more expensive. Go figure.

flewy
Paid Member

Post by flewy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:54 am

We pay the cheapest rate for our 2010 Fraser also. As Aaron suggested it seems they just take the year. I have spoken to Fraser owners with slightly older cars and they are paying a higher rate.

So our Fraser is deemed safer than our 2005 Mondeo with its gazillion airbags......hmmmm

Matt
2010 4AGE Blacktop Fraser Clubman......talk about fun......CALEB7

Gollum

Post by Gollum » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:32 am

flewy wrote:We pay the cheapest rate for our 2010 Fraser also. As Aaron suggested it seems they just take the year. I have spoken to Fraser owners with slightly older cars and they are paying a higher rate.

So our Fraser is deemed safer than our 2005 Mondeo with its gazillion airbags......hmmmm

It is probably more to do with statistical likelihood of an accident rather than just safety. The two things kinda sound the same but aren't. I bet the average Mondeo carries a lot more people a lot more kms in any given registration period than the average Fraser does. The Mondeo, by virtue of (its assumed) usage carries a much higher likelihood of incurring a cost for society, which is what the levy is seeking to cover.

Talkiet
Paid Member

Post by Talkiet » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:16 pm

$112 inc GST (12 months) for the last scratch car you built :-)

Although my 3.7L Skyline SUV was $86 inc GST...

Cheers - N