Wiring

Anything else

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Gollum

Re: Wiring

Post by Gollum » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks. I've wired it up as pictured. It all seems to work well with only one issue - when I put the Hazards on, the left side gives one 'blink' before the right side joins in. I can live with that.

Thanks everyone for your help and patience. It's done. It certainly won't win any beauty contests, I'm a bit embarrassed to show the pictures but everything works and no fires - yet. The pictures should make you laugh - pretty much everything has its own circuit - two for those using a relay! The irony is that now I'm finished, I know how to do it so much better next time!

Last edited by Gollum on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nz_climber
Paid Member

Post by nz_climber » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:47 pm

Great work, think of all that money saved. Yeah there will always be better ideas for next time!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

7ish
Paid Member

Post by 7ish » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:31 am

Well done... next career as an auto electrician?
7ish

7dreamer

Post by 7dreamer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:58 pm

I have been reading through this topic over and over, as I have decided to put the efi bac on My car for the time being ( budget constraints). after digging out the old ecu harness etc it would appear that I may sent the fuse box relays etc to Iran or where ever crushed cars go. So I have no power link between battery and the ecu harness. I do have a couple of fuse boxes from other cars or shoiuld I just do as Paul has done and build a new power supply circuit with some of those generic fuse holders and some relays. Bearing in mind at this stage I kinda just want the engine to make some noise.
Cheers Pete.

Linesy
Paid Member

Post by Linesy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:34 pm

7dreamer wrote:I have been reading through this topic over and over, as I have decided to put the efi bac on My car for the time being ( budget constraints). after digging out the old ecu harness etc it would appear that I may sent the fuse box relays etc to Iran or where ever crushed cars go. So I have no power link between battery and the ecu harness. I do have a couple of fuse boxes from other cars or shoiuld I just do as Paul has done and build a new power supply circuit with some of those generic fuse holders and some relays. Bearing in mind at this stage I kinda just want the engine to make some noise.
Cheers Pete.
I'd start fresh with some new fuse holders and relay bases - I rewired mine this way and is very cost effective.

Here is a photo of what I done, all pretty simple. http://www.lotus7.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3480

7dreamer

Post by 7dreamer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:29 am

That looks good. I quite like wat thus guy has done too seems tidy simple and serviceable
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BvFHA1xY10w
Cheers Pete.

nz_climber
Paid Member

Post by nz_climber » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:38 am

I agree with the comments above start fresh and keep it simple. That you tube clip one looks good but please don't solder already crimped connections!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk