Oxford Cruise 3rd Oct

Achive of past events & trips

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Oxford Cruise 3rd Oct

Post by KiwiBirkin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:29 am

Hi all I see in the latest NZ Classic Car there is a Spring Cruise to Oxford on Sunday 3rd October here is the info from the mag.

This short cruise, approx 60kms will take the foothills of North Canterbury finishing at the Oxford Pearson's Park Oval, cost $10per car (proceeds to the Oxford community Men's Shed)
Registration 10am-11am at the Hawk Street car park, New Brighton. All entrants will go into a prize draw which will take place at 1pm on the site of the proposed Oxford Mens Shed for
futher details Ph Trevor on 03604919 or email oxfordpromotion@ihug.co.nz

I'm planning on taking going along on this run if its not raining if any one else is interested i joining me I will see you at the Hawks Street car park between 10am-10:30am when I will be leaving.

Cheers Stephen
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Re: Oxford Cruise 3rd Oct

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Well we had a nice day in Canterbury for this car run today which started in New Brighton and end up at Oxford domain where it was rather busy as the farmers market was on too. Me & Frosty were the only Seven cars along for the trip but we also meet Clives7 at the domain as he was out for a run with some of his mates who have classic cars and convertibles.

There was a good turn out of cars from very old classics to 1960-70s USA muscle cars, also a lot of English sports cars too in all well over 100+ cars on display at the domain and a good fund raiser for the Oxford Mens Shed fund. I love these events as you get to see a lot of different cars and have a chat with their ownes and its nice to see some of these cars out and about on the roads instead of stuck in sheds.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol: