21st Nov - Hawkeswood Hill Climb run North Canterbury

Achive of past events & trips

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

21st Nov - Hawkeswood Hill Climb run North Canterbury

Post by KiwiBirkin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:51 pm

The SLR club is running this drive to the Hawkeswood Hill climb on the 21st Nov and SLR club member Peter Flewellen who is Flewy's uncle is entered on the Gentleman's run on the Sunday. im extending the invite out to any forum members who would like to come along with us.

I believe there are some very nice classic cars entered and it should be a good show. Start time is 10am and as getting there
at that time is a stretch for some members, I thought meeting at the Pines on the main north road at 10am would get us up there
by 11.30 in time for a look around and then lunch. There is plenty of parking and some of the course can be viewed from the car
park. Light lunch by the local school with coffee but can't guarantee how substantial so a picnic lunch is recommended with your
own seating.

For those wanting a bit extra, a side trip into Motunau Beach, good sealed road with plenty of flowing curves on the way home.

Location- Hawkeswood North Canterbury
Depart - 10.15am from the Pines Cafe on the main north road
Travel time - 1-1.5 hours
Hawkeswood - north of Spotswood before the Hunderlees. Hill climb will be sign posted on the main road, turn right across the railway line.

This is a dry weather run as a day standing out in the rain is only for the hardy.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

Clives7

Re: 21st Nov - Hawkeswood Hill Climb run North Canterbury

Post by Clives7 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi Steve,
Count me in for sure, if the weather is half decent.
Cheers - Clive