March 26th (Sat) Ruapuna track day

Achive of past events & trips

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

March 26th (Sat) Ruapuna track day

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:29 am

Hi guys the Fiat & Lancia club hold a track day every year around the end of March and its now been confirmed for the 26th they normally send a invite out to the SLR club and a couple of other clubs, I have talked to the Fiat/Lancia club and they have offered a invite out to Sevens from this forum too, this is one of the only track days that will happen on a weekend day so should suite quite a few of out Christchurch based members.

The cost is around $50 -$60 (cost $60 last year) and is one of the best track days I have ever been too as its well run and the Fiat/Lancia club guys are all very friendly, we also end up with a lot of track time as most of the Fiat/Lancia drivers head of for a BBQ later in the afternoon too, it will more than likely be on a first come first served basis depending on the amount of interest I get from you guys and the amount of intrest the Fiat/Lancia club get from members of the SLR club so if you are keen make sure you get your name down here as we may not all be able to go if there is a a lot of interest.

I know of 3 Sevens from here who will all ready be going.

Tom (Ledzep)
Stephen (Kiwibirkin)
Clive (Clives7)
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

TheMagnificentSeven

Re: March 26th (Sat) Ruapuna track day

Post by TheMagnificentSeven » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 am

:) Wayne (TheMagnificentSeven)

McGregor Motorsport

Post by McGregor Motorsport » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 am

I'll go and I'm sure Zak is in too. Not sure if my car will be done by then but I'm sure I will find something to thrash.

7ish
Paid Member

Post by 7ish » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:18 pm

I'll be there...
7ish

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Ok sounds like we have some interest in this Track Day so ill spell out the format on how the Fiat/Lancia guys run the day assuming they run it the same as last year. This is from how I recalled it was ran some of it may not be correct but im sure Tom can correct any mistakes I have made.

First of your car will be given too a scrutineer too check over he will be looking to make sure its road or track worthy and you have a duel return springs on your throttle and a 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher and cotton overalls.

You will then be asked your track experience and given a group to belong too A,B & C with C being given too those with no time on a track at all and you will them run with these cars in your group on the track through the day, as you get through the day you can move to a more experienced group as the day progress if you so chose. Last year I ran in group C with Clive and Tom was in group A but Tom then moved to C as it was more fun with all the sevens on the track at the same time I would like to suggest to the Fiat/Lancia guys that if we have quite a few 7s that we have our own group in the afternoon session (see below)

The Track Day Format
in the morning Ruapuna gets split up into too small tracks with part of the track linking the 2 smaller tracks, each group starts of running about 4 laps on the first small one and then get flagged off to the next small one for 4 laps while the next group move too the first small track and then in too the pits this keeps the track busy and maximizes each groups time on the track , each small track is very different in the way you drive it and while its sounds a bit constricted on the use of the track I found it was really great fun.

In the afternoon they open the whole track up and give each group 4-5 laps each time they are out, by about 2 pm most of the Fiat/Lancia guys had had enough so went in the Seven guys stayed out until about 4:30pm.

Also last year the Chapman familiy turned up with their2 Fiat Abbath race cars and their Ferrari Dino race car and were giving free hot lap rides around the race rack.

bzrse7en

Post by bzrse7en » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:23 pm

I am very very keen.

Also keen on going out to Ruapuna for practice sometime in Jan if anyone is interested.
Patrick

McGregor Motorsport

Post by McGregor Motorsport » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:29 pm

We are taking the 18 for testing on friday the 7th if you are keen patrick.

jmsnz

Post by jmsnz » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Stephen,

You can add me to the list too please.

Cheers

John

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:57 am

I have a update for the Fiat/Lancia trackday

Ok numbers are not limited now so we can all go which is great. I have talked to the organiser today and he is sending me out the pre-pay form as soon as I get it I will email it out to those who want to go using the email address you have used in your profile for this forum.

If we have a lot of clubmans out at the track they will run a seprate class for us in the afternoon sessions (full track)s o we can all be on the track at the same time.

Price will be $50 if you pay before the track day via cheque or online banking to the Fiat/Lancia club organiser or $70 on the day.

Cheers Stephen

TheMagnificentSeven

Post by TheMagnificentSeven » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:14 am

Thanks for info Stephen.