Canterbury Winery Run Sunday 4th December

Achive of past events & trips

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Canterbury Winery Run Sunday 4th December

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Clives7 & myself have been wanting to do a north Canterbury winery run for a while now, so I have picked a date the 4th Dec, we plan to go with our partners to about 4 of the best Wineries we have with a stop for lunch at one of them, if any one else is interested in joining us in your Seven or any other car I think it would be a nice afternoon out if the weather is good. It would be great to see some others join us on this local trip so just post here if interested and closer to the time I will post up more specific details.

Also if anyone has some suggestions off the best wineries to visit in North Canterbury we are open to ideas as I have only visited The Mudhouse for lunch last year with Mark & Bruce Wilson where we had a great lunch.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

LotusTwinCam

Re: Canterbury Winery Run Sunday 6th Nov

Post by LotusTwinCam » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Tomo and I are interested, however, not sure how time will go. Tomo has suddenly gotten busy with orders for illustrations. He is working on two teaching novels (12 illustrations per book in water colour), has a portrait order to be finished for a Christmas present and a logo mark order just came in, too. But having said that a day out in the 7 may be good to clear his head. So we will let you know closer to the time if that is okay. Is anyone going to the swap meet this weekend? Saturday's forecast dosen't look good...about the same kind of weather as last year. sunday looks more promising. We are thinking of going. Will SLR be there this year?

Georgina & Tomo.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Re: Canterbury Winery Run Sunday 6th Nov

Post by KiwiBirkin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Gorgina & Tomo

Im going to be at the swap meet on Sat with my car at the SLR club stand, dont come SUnday as you will find no one there this years its only 2 days Fri & Sat.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Re: Canterbury Winery Run Sunday 4th December

Post by KiwiBirkin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Updated the date to the 4th December as the weather may be a little more settled then.

Plan is to have lunch at Waipara Springs Winery, I would like a idea if you think your coming so I can see if I have to book a table/tables

We plan to visit 2 winery before lunch and 2 after.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Apart from me & Clives7 any one else coming along (you dont need to be in your 7)

Cheers Stephen

LotusTwinCam

Post by LotusTwinCam » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:53 am

We are planning on going along, hope it is as good a weather as it is today. I guess if it rains we can go in the roadster. Any idea of the route we will take? Really looking forward to it.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm

LotusTwinCam wrote:We are planning on going along, hope it is as good a weather as it is today. I guess if it rains we can go in the roadster. Any idea of the route we will take? Really looking forward to it.
Not too sure of the route yet I will talk to Clives7 this week and work it out.

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Post by Birdman 7 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:45 pm

We could well be there, but will depend if Mark starts on modifying the bonnet. Away in Auckland until Friday so unlikely that he will actually start this week when I think about it, and therefore will have car available. :D If not can always bring the MX5.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi guys my suggestion for this trip is too meet at my house at 11am and we will leave about 11:30am with a lunch at Wiapra Springs Winery around 1-1:30pm (depending on time taken to get there) is this ok with everyone ??. Also keeping a eye on the weather as its says its going to be 24deg with a southery change so looking to see when thats coming thru. If its raining and cold I will cancel here in the morning about 10am.

If it is and you havent been to my house before PM me and ill send you the address.

Cheers Stephen

maurice
Paid Member

Post by maurice » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Have a glass or 3 for me will you.
Cheers
Maurice
(From a wet Brisbane)