Canterbury Winery Run Sunday 4th December

Achive of past events & trips

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Re: Canterbury Winery Run Sunday 4th December

Post by Birdman 7 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi Steve, subject to weather we will be there.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:33 am

Birdman 7 wrote:Hi Steve, subject to weather we will be there.
If the weather turns out rubbish are people keen to make this the following weekend. ??

So far its forecast to go southerley at some point tomorrow with a high of 20deg which suggest to me it may be last in the afternoon.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Post by Birdman 7 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:23 am

Just had a look at the rain forecast on Metservice.com and see that it does not look good from about mid-morning tomorrow. However they have been wrong before!

The following weekend is out for Ladybird and I unfortunately, as will the remaining Sunday before Christmas.

LotusTwinCam

Post by LotusTwinCam » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi, cloudy etc is okay with us. How many others have an alternative ride or a soft top for their 7 if the weather does turn bad? We can make it either Sunday, but it would be good if everyone could join. The more the merrier!

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:01 am

The weather out here in Kaiapoi is fine and warm and it looks like the rain is mostly up North on the rain radar, unless it changes dramatically in the next 2 hous we are ON for the drive.

Meet at my house at 11 am and well decide a route and leave at 11:30am

LotusTwinCam

Post by LotusTwinCam » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Great Drive! Great Company! Great Meal! and we even learnt how to put the wet weather gear on, too! What a great day! :D

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Post by Birdman 7 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Well had a great drive, but the rest of you without lids must have got rather damp on the way home. Ladybird and I can attest that our roof fits well and keeps out almost all of the dampness we found today. Considering that the road was awash with water that was a feat.

As for Kiwibirkin saying it would stop just down the road :roll:

Great time and good company though. Thanks all.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:22 pm

It was a good day and enjoyed the drive to Hanmer and the company it was great to see Mark & Jac's join us the V8 he was in sounded great when he passed me.

Ay it was rather damp on the way home though :), finally put the roof on by Mouse Point but picked the worst part of the rain to do it in and ended wetter getting the roof on than I was driving through the rain, I looked in the car after getting the roof on and the puddle that had formed on my seat was massive and I just said bugger it and sat down in it. I think we were lucky it was still warm though as we would have been rather cold if it had changed to a cold southerly I was soaked through by the time I had got home but at least the rain had stopped by Amberly.

Glad to see you figured your roof out Tomo, well worth knowing how to get it on the car fast, hope eveyone had a safe trip home i know the water on the road was causing me some handling issues with aquaplaning at times.

I didnt get many pictures except these and thought I had some video of the trip home and the rain we drove through but i forgot to swith the Go Pro on :(

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Post by Birdman 7 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Good photos Steve. For everyone out there apart from the intrepid five, the reason Mark is leaning into his car was so that he could remove the large puddle :? left in the seat before he got in to drive home in the rain.

I was intested to see your comment Steve about aquaplaning. I expected some in our car but had no problems whatsoever, even when pushing it slightly around some of the corners between the turnoff and Mouse Point where you put your roof on. Yet again my cheap(er) Hankooks appear to be doing the job rather well.
Last edited by Birdman 7 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Birdman 7 wrote:Good photos Steve. I was intested to see your comment about aquaplaning. I expected some in our car but had no problems whatsoever, even when pushing it slightly around some of the corners between the turnoff and Mouse Point where you put your roof on. Yet again my cheap(er) Hankooks appear to be doing the job rather well.
Its the weight of your car Grant, I was talking to Mark about it when we got home the extra weight the Mcgregors carry sure help when there is that much water on the road. I think ill take up eating McDonalds again ;)