3S-GTE TOY

Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

TheMagnificentSeven

Re: 3S-GTE TOY

Post by TheMagnificentSeven » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Yippee another chevron. Although it's more of a race car than a road car, it's good to have you on board.

Lynx88

Post by Lynx88 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:32 pm

I recall seeing this for sale on TradeMe quite some time ago, with a link to a youtube video showing the car getting ZERO traction every time it was on boost.
Awesome to see it's better planted now, what a beast!
82 KP60 Starlet 4AGTE

"Driving fast on the track does not scare me. What scares me is when I drive on the highway I get passed by some idiot who thinks he is Fangio." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Rookie
Paid Member

Post by Rookie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Yea I saw it too, I think he removed it because people complained :cry:
Locost 7: Powered by 1660cc of British FURY! coming to a town near you soon.

Remember: If a mechanic can do it, so can YOU!

Zippy

Post by Zippy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Guys,

To answer a couple of your questions the chassis rails are 40x2mm, and boost kicks in around 3500rpm, kinda hard to tell as my boost gauge is in a daft place and no sooner has it kicked and I'm at the rev limiter (7500) and needing to change gear.

Returf

Post by Returf » Mon May 06, 2013 11:24 am

Hi there Zippy, I've just been alerted to this site by one of my seven mates ( no I actually have more than 7 mates ) this car was my old car. I purchased it as a std 3sge with webers ect and live axel. I decided to do a turbo seven so purchased a 3sgte from a celica st205. I installed a link plus ecu and had it tuned with about 195 hp at the rears.At this point the live axel was replaced with the skyline rearend to help with traction. I was running an accusump. every now and then the engine would emit large amounts of smoke so i decided to do a total rebuild ( it was the turbo seals ) I purchased a new Garret gt 3540 turbo, external wastegate and went for broke. might as well do the job properly so : Wiseco pistons, big cam to support a desired 500hp from Kevin at Kelfords, dry sump pump and tank from pace in the UK, 850cc injectors, big rear mounted radiator to keep things cool with a davies craig water pump and much more. It was time to head back to the dyno. 13lb boost netted 225 kw at the rears but we then ran into problems with the clutch not holding. The car at this stage was really entertaining to drive with wheelspin easily achieved on a dry road in third gear just by pushing the pedal down!! I put the car on the market to give myself a longer life expectancy and move on to another project. Spanners was the lucky guy who bought it from me and I thank him for his videos ( the best one was removed from youtube unfortunately)