Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Super7Alfa
Paid Member

Re: Alfa-Romeo powered 7

Post by Super7Alfa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:30 am

Super7Alfa wrote:
7dreamer wrote:I think I may have seen you out for a drive in the rain on Tuesday I tooted from a maroon surf on the lornevile dacre road looking good
Ah, that was you, was it?! Yes, it was me :)
I also saw another 7 heading the opposite way. I didn't get a good look as it was in a bit of traffic but the nosecone was green with a yellow lip. Anybody here :?:

7dreamer

Post by 7dreamer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 am

I think I may have seen that car about a year ago filling up at bp north road no one I know I probably only see one or two 7s a year on the road any way. I really should work on mine more but father hood and house building are not that conductive to time and budget constraints.

Super7Alfa
Paid Member

Post by Super7Alfa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 pm

7dreamer wrote:I think I may have seen that car about a year ago filling up at bp north road no one I know I probably only see one or two 7s a year on the road any way. I really should work on mine more but father hood and house building are not that conductive to time and budget constraints.
You see more than me then! Apart from competitors in the Classic Speedfest, there's a yellow Leitch that turns up at Teretonga about once a year and a red McGregor with a Rover V8 came to a couple of track days there but I haven't seen that for a year or two.

Personally, I found fatherhood more than enough to put a stop to Seven-ing without the added complication of house building :( Fortunately I now have no kids to worry about and our house was built for us, hence having the time to spend getting the car sorted ;)

7dreamer

Post by 7dreamer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Well Im not building it but Im trying to do my best to help out with odd jobs round the section etc. An old co worker of mine has a green and silver leitch he use to do a lot of tours in it not so sure now I did try to hire it off him for a day for my brothers birthday recently wasn really keen. And my best mate has a steel bro s4 in a shed awaiting a bit of a resto job. there is a road legal lotus 11 replica around that belongs to an old neighbour of mine.
when I finish mine I plan on using it every day it will probably have to be electric powered though because Im sure we will have run out of petrol by then :lol:
The yellow one belongs to the owner of parts world down here

Super7Alfa
Paid Member

Post by Super7Alfa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:49 pm

7dreamer wrote:Well Im not building it but Im trying to do my best to help out with odd jobs round the section etc. An old co worker of mine has a green and silver leitch he use to do a lot of tours in it not so sure now I did try to hire it off him for a day for my brothers birthday recently wasn really keen. And my best mate has a steel bro s4 in a shed awaiting a bit of a resto job. there is a road legal lotus 11 replica around that belongs to an old neighbour of mine.
when I finish mine I plan on using it every day it will probably have to be electric powered though because Im sure we will have run out of petrol by then :lol:
The yellow one belongs to the owner of parts world down here
Thanks for the update on the other cars - and good luck with the build(s) :D

Jaguarman

Post by Jaguarman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:50 pm

That was me with my Leitch. I was taking the 7 to Christchurch as have recently moved there. Great drive, but rather cold on Wednesday morning when I left Alexandra.

Super7Alfa
Paid Member

Post by Super7Alfa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:38 pm

Jaguarman wrote:That was me with my Leitch. I was taking the 7 to Christchurch as have recently moved there. Great drive, but rather cold on Wednesday morning when I left Alexandra.
Reversing the trend of people exiting Christchurch then :D

toppo

Post by toppo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 pm

Jaguarman wrote:That was me with my Leitch. I was taking the 7 to Christchurch as have recently moved there. Great drive, but rather cold on Wednesday morning when I left Alexandra.
Were you coming through Dunback around 8.30am, Was heading up to Macraes mine and seen a 7 heading towards Palmerston

Jaguarman

Post by Jaguarman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes that was me. Worked in Timaru for the day before driving to Chch in the evening. Made it just before it rained!!

Super7Alfa
Paid Member

Post by Super7Alfa » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Took the 7 to Teretonga on Sunday to watch the racing. Went the long way round (via Dacre) to give it a good run and check to see if pushing a loose plug lead back onto the distributor had cured the misfire on the last run and it had :D

Very sunny day and, unusually for Teretonga, hardly any wind. A very low key meeting, just Clubman Saloons and the Honda Cup. Clubman saloons ranged from a 7 litre Chevrolet Camaro to a 6 litre Commodore to a 5.7 litre Corvette to 5 and 3.8 litre Commodores, through various 2 litre Hondas, Nissans, Toyotas and Mazdas to an 1800cc VW Golf and Mitsubishi Mirage and a 2.2 litre-powered Fiat 850. The Honda Cup was a mixture of Integra and Civic models. It was a good day's racing, despite the thin programme - and only $5 :D

The 7 in a crowded car park!

The Corvette

One of the Honda Integras

The Fiat at an earlier meeting