Wanted: Saab Concentric Clutch Slave unit

Any parts for sale or wanted

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
If you list any manufactured lotus seven parts or any other item you must own the rights to manufacture them, if you dont they will be removed.

Please add links to trademe auctions.

Please no discussion on parts for sale other than to find out if it would suit your car, please keep any negotiation on parts to PM's or emails.
Talkiet
Paid Member

Re: Wanted: Saab Concentric Clutch Slave unit

Post by Talkiet » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:44 pm

Well.... Pretty sure my dad and I have figured out what has happened. First the damning evidence...

Very bad scoring of the cylinder about 2/3 - maybe 3/4 of the way around and one part is immaculate. It would seem somehow when I replaced this last time (without removing the engine), I must have somehow installed it slightly off axis - perhaps some crud between the adapter plate and the unit itself... The bolts were all suitably tight when I removed them this afternoon.

I can't think of any other reason... Can anyone else?

So I am about to order another one (might get 2 :-) off Ebay and just re install as is. Following Marks advice I checked for any slack or clearance between the clutch and throwout bearing and there was none so I think Patrick, that your design and dimensions are just fine.

This should teach me for trying to be lazy and replacing it last time without removing the engine and gearbox properly and making sure everything was properly clean and aligned before reassembly.

Oh, here's a timelapse of removing the engine and gearbox.

Cheers - N

McGregor Motorsport

Post by McGregor Motorsport » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Its probably worth checking clutch , cover , water pump , cam belt , etc etc while its out.....you know what an easy job it was taking it out......

Talkiet
Paid Member

Post by Talkiet » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Update... Found a _realllllly_ cheap place in the UK for bits. I thought it was a typo when I saw the shipping of £1.95 to send the Saab slave cylinder to me here in NZ and with an expected delivery of 5-8 days!

This user... http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/mjd128

Heaps of transactions and overwhelmingly positive feedback. My part has already shipped.

Cheers - N

Talkiet
Paid Member

Post by Talkiet » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Vote of confidence for the shop mentioned above...

Ordered on the 8th, paid £1.95 for shipping, and it arrived this morning!

Cheers _ N

Gollum

Post by Gollum » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Amazing it arrived at all with your address all smudged like that! ;) :lol:

It's nice to see that some folk can still post at a reasonable cost. More and more the UK suppliers are charging like the American sites always have....