WTD: Source for some 5mm wheel spaces or suitable ali plate

Any parts for sale or wanted

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
If you list any manufactured lotus seven parts or any other item you must own the rights to manufacture them, if you dont they will be removed.

Please add links to trademe auctions.

Please no discussion on parts for sale other than to find out if it would suit your car, please keep any negotiation on parts to PM's or emails.
Talkiet
Paid Member

WTD: Source for some 5mm wheel spaces or suitable ali plate

Post by Talkiet » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:33 pm

So I can make some...

Have borrowed some rally tyres and new wheels but I need 5mm spacers on all 4 wheels to clear the brakes and due to stud length. There's an autocross on Sunday I would like to try but I only have 2 spacers (so I know 5mm is the right size)

Where abouts, tomorrow, in Chch could I find/buy/borrow a set of spacers or find some 5mm ali plate so I can make a set?

Cheers - N

heavyseven
Paid Member

Re: WTD: Source for some 5mm wheel spaces or suitable ali pl

Post by heavyseven » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:41 am

I bought the stock for my spacers from "little metals" though that was some time ago... I used 150mm rod which was turned down.
For road use your spacers might have to be captive, with some wheel center alignment. Mine are rather thick mind you, at the limit for cert at the time...

Talkiet
Paid Member

Post by Talkiet » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:53 am

Thanks for the response - I ended up finding the last 5mm pair that Mag and Turbo had. Repco told me flat out they were illegal for road use (?) and none of the general auto parts stores carried them.

I'm only using them for competition use and only for this specific set of borrowed wheels/tyres and I have replaced with longer studs than usual anyway so still heaps of thread engagement. It ended up working out much better than I expected at the Autocross so I'm sorted for Invercargill.

I've heard a couple of people recommend little metals so if I end up using spacers for the road I may go see them - I would have more faith in a set machined to exactly the right size rather than the loose fitting multifit bits of rubbish I currently have.

Cheers - N

bzrse7en

Post by bzrse7en » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Get some Laser cut at Prometal or Davin industries - they will come out perfect.