WTB: SR20 RWD N/A Extractors

Any parts for sale or wanted

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
If you list any manufactured lotus seven parts or any other item you must own the rights to manufacture them, if you dont they will be removed.

Please add links to trademe auctions.

Please no discussion on parts for sale other than to find out if it would suit your car, please keep any negotiation on parts to PM's or emails.
Linesy
Paid Member

WTB: SR20 RWD N/A Extractors

Post by Linesy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm

I am looking for a set of RWD extrators for my N/A SR20.

I think with a few mods I can get a set to fit and replace my Turbo manifold.

Thanks
Linesy

7dreamer

Re: WTB: SR20 RWD N/A Extractors

Post by 7dreamer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 am

I think autobend In chch and sheet metal craft In invers do a pretty good kit set :D

DMC
Paid Member

Post by DMC » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 pm

It would seem that getting the headers right or wrong on an NA engine can make a very large difference, there is a real science to it, if you are after all the hp you can get it pays to get something that is proven already or to make your own to suit the engine and mods that you have.

I think I have posted this before, you are going ve head right?, but have a look at this link as an example http://www.sr20forum.com/sr20ve-sr16ve/ ... -last.html , and Burns Stainless in the states, they really know what they are doing and dyno everything. You will see that things like the merge collectors and primary diameters and lengths make a huge difference. They also have calculators to work out runner diameters and lengths etc.

Autobend do all the collectors, bends and flanges specific to de and ve's.....

boborjim

Post by boborjim » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Best be quick, bents sprints are only just around the corner.

Linesy
Paid Member

Post by Linesy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Have considered building my own, but consider this an interim measure. Gotta be better than my turbo manifold! Will also help with fitment trials etc.

Once VE is in, wired etc I'll consider building a set but need to get through laying the new shed floor and the kitchen reno first!

Linesy
Paid Member

Post by Linesy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:27 pm

boborjim wrote:Best be quick, bents sprints are only just around the corner. Image
And Speedfest!

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Post by Birdman 7 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Linesy my motor came with a set of extractors. I have some photos somewhere which I took for someone else looking at the same thing a couple of years ago (I can't seem to find the thread now). I will check the brand on my motor and post here tomorrow along with the photos if I can find them. I have a SR20DE, not a VE, so might not be the same but certainly better than the DET set.

Cheers
Grant

boborjim

Post by boborjim » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:01 am

Linesy wrote:
boborjim wrote:Best be quick, bents sprints are only just around the corner. Image
And Speedfest!

I also have a set you can copy, will flick you a picture later if you like. Not proven for HP yet but surly they can't be worse than a mani!

Linesy
Paid Member

Post by Linesy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:11 pm

boborjim wrote:
Linesy wrote:
And Speedfest!

I also have a set you can copy, will flick you a picture later if you like. Not proven for HP yet but surly they can't be worse than a mani!

Thanks Jeremy, That'd be good. Hopefully my motor will be here early next week!

boborjim

Post by boborjim » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Just means you may need to make another hole in your body work