WTB: SR20 RWD N/A Extractors

Any parts for sale or wanted

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
If you list any manufactured lotus seven parts or any other item you must own the rights to manufacture them, if you dont they will be removed.

Please add links to trademe auctions.

Please no discussion on parts for sale other than to find out if it would suit your car, please keep any negotiation on parts to PM's or emails.
boborjim

Re: WTB: SR20 RWD N/A Extractors

Post by boborjim » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:29 pm

boborjim wrote:Just means you may need to make another hole in your body work
ImageImageImage last one is the die for the body work hole with a test bit.

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Post by Birdman 7 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Ok after spending about 30 minutes trying to get into Photobucket here are some photos,

The extractors are a Jasma brand or perhaps FGK.

Linesy
Paid Member

Post by Linesy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Thanks guys, Jeremy I'll catch up and come have a look at some stage.

Birdman, that is exactly what I had pictured in my mind, obviously a set from a Silvia or the likes made to work.
Gotta be 10x better than my current set up!

Both provide good ideas for building a set.

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Post by Birdman 7 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Linesy, my set came off an S14 and were already fitted when I bought the motor straight out of a wreck. What I forgot until I was looking at whether anyone had a set of these for sale in NZ at the moment is that the tail flange was cut off and the end section shortened quite a bit and realigned to fit inside the engine bay. Any competent exhaust installer should be able to sort this out if you don't have the equipment to do it yourself (I certainly didn't!).

What I lucked into with the four into one is that the motor has bags of torque. As a regular diesel driver I love torque, and from my perspective my SR20 as it is set up is brilliant for real world road use which is what I mostly use the car for. Normally a four into two into one will be better for mid-range but mine certainly is everything I need.

heavyseven
Paid Member

Post by heavyseven » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:11 pm

I might have a set of factory pipes on my spare motor, but probably not extractors as such. I should probably give that thing some tlc one of these days. I do ratchet it around from time to time...

Whether McGregor Motorsport still have the plans for my extractors I do not know. Some folks have said that they are short though.

Linesy
Paid Member

Post by Linesy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:37 am

Birdman 7 wrote:Linesy, my set came off an S14 and were already fitted when I bought the motor straight out of a wreck. What I forgot until I was looking at whether anyone had a set of these for sale in NZ at the moment is that the tail flange was cut off and the end section shortened quite a bit and realigned to fit inside the engine bay. Any competent exhaust installer should be able to sort this out if you don't have the equipment to do it yourself (I certainly didn't!).

What I lucked into with the four into one is that the motor has bags of torque. As a regular diesel driver I love torque, and from my perspective my SR20 as it is set up is brilliant for real world road use which is what I mostly use the car for. Normally a four into two into one will be better for mid-range but mine certainly is everything I need.
I can manage any mods, all pretty simple. I'll hit up our local importers/wreckers to see if they may have something similar, torquey wouldn't hurt, combined with the VE conversion should be a good result.

Building a set is going to have to wait, I have way too many projects on the go, including caging my other car.

DMC
Paid Member

Post by DMC » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi, Just one more point I thought of this morning if you are doing the ve head and using de extractors. The manifold studs on a ve head are out almost vertically by 3mm compared to a de. You can slot the holes to get a de manifold to fit. If you don't and the ports are offset you might lose some efficiency....

If you look at this link you will see what I mean http://www.sr20-forum.com/g-spec-perfor ... ences.html

DMC
Paid Member

Post by DMC » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Hi,

I don't know if you have already sorted your extractors but if not there is a RWD set of Jasma extractors for an SR20 on trademe this week. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 288484.htm