Wanted: 4age 20V Blacktop ISCV

Any parts for sale or wanted

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
If you list any manufactured lotus seven parts or any other item you must own the rights to manufacture them, if you dont they will be removed.

Please add links to trademe auctions.

Please no discussion on parts for sale other than to find out if it would suit your car, please keep any negotiation on parts to PM's or emails.
Talkiet
Paid Member

Wanted: 4age 20V Blacktop ISCV

Post by Talkiet » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:48 pm

Last weekend out of the blue my engine started idling terribly rough. It was perfect putting it on the trailer the previous night, perfect taking it off the trailer, perfect on a 2 lap warmup to test my new HANS and mobility, then bringing it int the pits on idle it's coughing and trying to stall...

It's not any one cylinder, all the butterflies are moving and the car is fine on full throttle (on the first run I equalled my best time around the GP circuit - but again on entering the pics it's idling really bad.

I then disconnected the idle valve (removed the 3 pin connector off the solenoid) and it's instantly idling find (high, but fine)... And had no issues the rest of the day.

Sounds like it's at least a dirty ISCV and I might try and remove to clean, but would be just as happy with replacing it if someone has one lying around.

Cheers - N

7ish
Paid Member

Re: Wanted: 4age 20V Blacktop ISCV

Post by 7ish » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:03 pm

My engine has had the iscv removed completely....not too hard to tune it to run nicely without one.
7ish

Talkiet
Paid Member

Post by Talkiet » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:36 pm

7ish wrote:My engine has had the iscv removed completely....not too hard to tune it to run nicely without one.
Yeah, I did read that a reasonable alternative to fixing is finding the right size washer to partially block the tube... Fixing's probably easier but it doesn't appear to be doing anything wrong except idling high without it.

Cheers - N

bzrse7en

Post by bzrse7en » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:08 pm

carb or brake cleaner up the hole. They do gum up.

Talkiet
Paid Member

Post by Talkiet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:13 pm

bzrse7en wrote:carb or brake cleaner up the hole. They do gum up.
Where abouts? After removing the solenoid or one of the hoses? I'm hoping I can do it without taking it out since it looks like it won't come out without removing the intakes?

Cheers - N

Talkiet
Paid Member

Post by Talkiet » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Just FYI, thanks Jeremy for the offer of a part, but something didn't quite feel right so I had another close look and found a water temp sensor wire was intermittently failing... Fix that and problem gone. The fact unplugging the ISCV appeared to fix the issue was a hell of a red herring...

Phew - don't have to remove the intakes!

Cheers - N