Windscreen glass?

Any parts for sale or wanted

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
If you list any manufactured lotus seven parts or any other item you must own the rights to manufacture them, if you dont they will be removed.

Please add links to trademe auctions.

Please no discussion on parts for sale other than to find out if it would suit your car, please keep any negotiation on parts to PM's or emails.
Talkiet
Paid Member

Windscreen glass?

Post by Talkiet » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Best place to get it made in Chch? Smashed the screen on the weekend... I presume it's easiest to take the existing one out and give them that as a template or transfer to 6mm mdf or something?

How much should I expect to pay (either just for the glass, or to give someone the frame with the broken glass in it and get back a screen with fresh lovely glass in it?)

Cheers - N

20vseven

Re: Windscreen glass?

Post by 20vseven » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Throw it away and go two seconds faster..... :D

Talkiet
Paid Member

Re: Windscreen glass?

Post by Talkiet » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:56 pm

20vseven wrote:Throw it away and go two seconds faster..... :D
I have to say the timing is convenient - I'll probably run the clubsports champs with the CF aeroscreen, and maybe also AShburton SS, but I do prefer having a screen

I don't really want to run on the GP circuit without the screen however, because as per the discussion on Sunday, I'm definitely 2 seconds faster without a screen - actually doing it is pointless and has a tiny chance of maybe showing maybe it's not actually 2 seconds :-)

Cheers - N