To the track and back

Full cars or Part projects for sale or wanted including those on Trademe.

(Please do not list car parts here as they will get deleted)

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Flow

To the track and back

Post by Flow » Sat May 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Hello 7Heads,

I have been a fan of these cars since I drove an genuine S4 back when I was looking to get my first car aged 15 but ended up building numerous fast Minis instead. What would be a sweet handling, fast 7ish that I could drive to the airport when needing to engage in quality upside down time and to the track and back when lateral G's are required? Something hilariously fun to drive with a good dose of OMG is what I am after.

Thoughts?

nz_climber
Paid Member

Re: To the track and back

Post by nz_climber » Sun May 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi and welcome to forums.

There is many options out there depending on your budget and engineering abilities. Are you looking to build or buy? You don't need crazy horsepower to make a 7 fast and fun.

Flow

Post by Flow » Sun May 12, 2019 4:32 pm

Thank you NZC, looking to buy at this point, ex mechanic but happy to enjoy someone else's craftsmanship. Also longish legs and 6' 3"...

nz_climber
Paid Member

Post by nz_climber » Mon May 13, 2019 5:04 pm

There are are a few options for out there, trademe is probably still the best place to see what is out there. Being taller might be a bit of an issue, but all cars are different and some will fit and some won't, so good idea to sit in a few to what feels comfortable.

Flow

Post by Flow » Sat May 18, 2019 2:32 pm

Thanks guys, anyone in the Hunua area I could drop in and try one on for size or any track meets coming up?