fuel line plumbing.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
Forum Rules.

1: Post anything to do with general engine & gearbox stuff in the main forum.

2: Only post in the engine specific tech forums with technical information on that engine as it is there for people to find technical info that has been posted on these forums and is usefull to their engine build in their clubman this should help people locate all the good tech help you have all supplied in the past.
Bobsbuild

fuel line plumbing.

Post by Bobsbuild » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Hey all.Was hoping someone could help me with a fuel question. im going to mount the fuel pump in the back of my car then run the fuel lines thru transmission tunnel. Now on a factory car {Toyota Levin 4agze 1989} they have a charcoal type canister that mounts to firewall that then feeds the injector rail.do I need to use this or can I just plump strait to the fuel rail.? I will use a vent on the filler pipe, and a roll over vent valve on fuel tank top. what does the canister do, is for fuel vapour?? any help would be appeciated

7ish
Paid Member

Re: fuel line plumbing.

Post by 7ish » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:02 pm

You should be feeding the line from the fuel pump through an in-line high pressure filter( close to the motor), then into the fuel rail. Charcoal cannisters are usually on the breather line, not the pressure line.
7ish

davew

Re: fuel line plumbing.

Post by davew » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:29 pm

If it is anything like a NA 4AGE then the front fitting on the fuel rail is the pressure side for the fuel inlet and the rear fitting is the fuel return line that goes back to the gas tank. Your 3rd line is the breather line i.e. the canister fitting. Dave W