The "Kiwibirken Auckland Tour"

Achive of all events & trips

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Bigred

The "Kiwibirken Auckland Tour"

Post by Bigred » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi Guys

Stephen's coming to town and has time to kill on the morning of Saturday the 20th of Feb.
Let's get a group together and take him for a drive and maybe stop somewhere for a bite to eat etc.
I'm open to suggestions on the route.

Cheers
Cliff

Wayno

Re: The "Kiwibirken Auckland Tour"

Post by Wayno » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi Cliff
"Sports Car Club NZ" have a Grasskhana that day a few minutes from your place that I planned to have a go in that will probably have five or so Lotus 7 reps or clubman (Scott attendend the tarmac one so he may also attend the lawn mowing version in the fraser) .... check out http://www.sccnz.co.nz/event.php?id=65
As a thought .....
Maybe that could be the Stephens destination ????? & then thoses that arn't entered in the grasskhana can create the means & route to get him there & back ...
Ferry to halfmoon bay (if that's possiable / practical for Stephen) then a senic drive from halfmoon bay to Alfriston Rd (think you know where I am going with this one)
At the last motorkhana a couple of weeks ago there where 6 Lotus 7 reps or clubman so it me of interest .... I will have to postpone those beers with Stephen for another day unless it raining then above will be canned (Not a good idea to drink & mow lawns even in a 7 :lol: )

Wayne

Bigred

Post by Bigred » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Wayne

That could be an option.
Stephen, do you have any idea of where you're staying and when you need to be on the island?

Cheers
Cliff

ps: I guess I started this in the wrong place but in my mind it's already confirmed!
You can move it if you wish.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Not sure yet ill find out all I know is its Waiheke Isl we arrive on Friday evening to Auckland and stay the night at my wifes sisters place and then catch the ferry over there on Sat morning so maybe its a option I dont go with the main party to the island and catch the ferry later on. I will find out exact details and post them here.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

Fraser Cars

Post by Fraser Cars » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Shoot, we'll miss out this time, as we will be all go with TopGear Live...

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Fraser Cars wrote:Shoot, we'll miss out this time, as we will be all go with TopGear Live...

Ida I thought about that will you be at the factory on Tuesday as I have all day in Auckland then and thought I might pop in sometime through the day to meet you both you & Scott and have a look around the Fraser Car factory if possible.

Cheers Stephen

Fraser Cars

Post by Fraser Cars » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:25 pm

KiwiBirkin wrote:
Fraser Cars wrote:Shoot, we'll miss out this time, as we will be all go with TopGear Live...

Ida I thought about that will you be at the factory on Tuesday as I have all day in Auckland then and thought I might pop in sometime through the day to meet you both you & Scott and have a look around the Fraser Car factory if possible.

Cheers Stephen
Sure will be, sounds great. Touch base with us closer to the time and we will book in a slot in the diary.

Gollum

Post by Gollum » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Last edited by Gollum on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigred

Post by Bigred » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Stephen/Paul

Stephen, If you wanted to take up Paul's offer i'm happy to take you up to collect the car and pick you up when returning it.
We could also store his car in my garage overnight, if required, if that helps.

Cheers
Cliff

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Paul & Cliff thanks for the offer of the car and having some where to put it afterwards but im quite happy being a passenger in a Seven for a while and it will give me time to check out the sights while someone else drives. ;)

Cliff Im still waiting on some info but I know that we are heading down to the car ferry some time in the morning and I have discussed with the wife that I don't go as there is no point in going then coming back to meet you, I then know that I have to be back over to the Island by about 4.30pm for a beach BBQ for the start of the pre wedding functions.

This gives me the whole day in Auckland, Cliff I will PM you my wife's sisters address as soon as I know it as it may be close to you for you to pick me up im quite happy to go to the Grasskhana for a look and then maybe a scenic drive and bite to eat some where before heading back to catch what ever ferry i need to get me to the island on time.

Cheers Stephen