Methven Hotrod & Classic car show

Currently confirmed events & trips that have been organised and ready to run

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Diggerguy37

Methven Hotrod & Classic car show

Post by Diggerguy37 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Is anyone else thinking of going to this car show for a look.
On this Sunday 29th 10.00am - 3.00pm at Methven town centre $5 entry.
Dont know how good it will be but thought I would get the Fraser out and go have a look unless the weather craps itself.
Incase its abit damp I thought I should try to find an intermitant short in my wipers (what a bastard of a job getting in behind the dash).Found loose earth wire on the wiper motor and average engine earth strap to body so hope that sorted it but Im no sparky.
I will be leaving about 9.30am from Rolleston if anyone else keen.Will make a call on the weather on the day.

X7RACR

Re: Methven Hotrod & Classic car show

Post by X7RACR » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm out of town but might be passing through Methven in the afternoon, though unlikely. Was in town when that event was on a couple of years ago. It was pretty good if I remember right. Hard to pick the weather this week, will probably have a shower at some point.
Dodgy earth on wipers sounds about right... getting behind dash definitely a prick of a job!

Diggerguy37

Post by Diggerguy37 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Cheers mate,yeah right royal bastard to get the terminals back on wiper motor without removing the dash but after several bourbons got it sorted.Went for a fang around the block in between rain showers and wipers seem to be behaving so all good.I pmd Stuart in Rakaia to ask for a weather report in the morning but Im keen to go unless raining alot.Ive got a cockpit cover when car is parked so you dont have to jump in on a wet seat but no roof,still as the theory goes in a light shower you only get wet when you stop.Have a great new years and now car is legal I will catch up for the next round of blatting.Jase

X7RACR

Post by X7RACR » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Did you make it? Any good? I passed Methven on the inland highway coming back from Geraldine this afternoon but didn't get rain until after the gorge. Was hosing down in Kirwee when I got home though! Saw a couple of old cars en route.

Diggerguy37

Post by Diggerguy37 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Yip,made it down this morning.Decided to go as was dry at home but rain forcast.Got though to Rakaia dry then got a decent 10min shower before Methven.Methven itself was nice,dry and surprising warm with a great turn out of cars.Mainly American,mustangs,camaros etc and a very nice ac cobra.
Good crowd,good atmosphere with the blue pub hosting and my car ran well and gave the passing lanes a work out on the drive home,in the pissing rain I might add.Also wipers worked flawlessly just could of used a second set for the inside of the window. :lol:

X7RACR

Post by X7RACR » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:07 am

Ha! Wipers are a joke, even RainX doesn't help much with 7's aerodynamics ;-) I didn't make a habit of driving the Fraser in the wet but it IS an experience every 7 owner should have!
Sounds like the Methven show is still going strong. Glad you enjoyed.
Might try and get out for a run this week if this dire holiday weather sorts itself out...