Tinopai run 6 January

Currently confirmed events & trips that have been organised and ready to run

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

JACAR

Tinopai run 6 January

Post by JACAR » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:38 pm

Tinopai is on the Kaipara Harbour, a small village at the end of a peninsula. Its (about) 2 hours drive north of Auckland. We have a bach there and extend an invitation to you to come for a drive on wed 6 january. Arrive around 12 ish, bring sausages & salad if you want, I will have the bbq ready.
Some Fraser club and a couple of Cobra club members are coming down from Dargaville, Whangarei and AKL.
From Akl the most fun way is up SH 16 to Wellsford, continue to Brynderwyn and turn left to Maungatoroto. Continue through Paparoa and past Matakohe, about 2kms along turn left down the 'Tinopai road. Its 22kms of winding, sealed road. Farmland & sea views. Once at Tinopai go right over the bridge & follow Komiti road straight on. past campground, past the (only) shop/petrol. keep going towards the boat ramp. Look for the grey house with blue balcony on a left hand bend on the crest of the corner at the top of the hill .
Should be able to park in the flat backyard. Slight incline on grass to get up, if grass is dry should be no worries. PM me if you plan to come (Just to get an idea of numbers )

My car is still a while away from certification but happy to provide a destination for a run.

JACAR

Re: Tinopai run 6 January

Post by JACAR » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:17 pm

Image Image ImageImage

nz_climber
Paid Member

Post by nz_climber » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Looks good gathering, are you going to have your car ready for the taupo track day?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

JACAR

Post by JACAR » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:30 pm

nz_climber wrote:Looks good gathering, are you going to have your car ready for the taupo track day?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
Hi, still waiting for certification. The car has been "ready" since before xmas, but the certifier had not sent the paper work to lvvta. I was told today it has now been sent, so hopefully will have the plates by late next week. Apparently a few others in the same predicament. Fingers crossed in time to register and be able to drive to Taupo !!

It was a good bbq, 2 Frasers, 2 Cobras (both 427 small blocks) and a Porsche as his Cobra is also awaiting cert. Already had requests to organise another day trip although there is enough room if people wanted to put up tents & make it a weekend. 2 showers, 2 toilets and lots of parking.

The Tinopai rd is pleasantly twisty, in pretty good shape and relatively scenic. Happy to host again if enough interest shown. Even my wife enjoyed it, and she is not a 'car person'.

nz_climber
Paid Member

Post by nz_climber » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:02 pm

Nice, hope to meet you and see your car in Taupo, looking forward to it! It is such a good weekend!