Mudbasher's "Beast"

Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Rookie
Paid Member

Re: Mudbasher's "Beast"

Post by Rookie » Thu May 29, 2014 9:39 am

Mark, everything you accounted for there comes out of the learning budget, so doesn't count in the final build cost...
Locost 7: Powered by 1660cc of British FURY! coming to a town near you soon.

Remember: If a mechanic can do it, so can YOU!

McGregor Motorsport

Post by McGregor Motorsport » Thu May 29, 2014 9:53 am

Rookie wrote:Mark, everything you accounted for there comes out of the learning budget, so doesn't count in the final build cost...
Right.....

mudbasher
Paid Member

Post by mudbasher » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:25 pm

time for an update.
while waiting for the stuff to arrive from the states. I decided to split the gearbox as 4th gear was a bit rough to engage. to my surprise i found a broken selector fork two cracked baulk rings and the reverse gear sync mesh buggered. rung Nissan and had a small heart attack at the price for the bits, searched online and found these guys "http://www.courtesyparts.com/" They supplied genuine Nissan parts. so got all gaskets/seals, reverse gear, two baulk rings and a bearing delivered for the cost of one baulk ring from Nissan here. got the gearbox all reassembled today.

also almost all the bits have now shown up and should get the block & crank back this week to start the assembly. only thing I'm now missing are the injectors which never showed up in the post :( which I'm in the process of reversing the tm credit card charge and order some more.

pebo

Post by pebo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Very Nice :)
Do you know where i could get some front mud guards like you have ?

7ish
Paid Member

Post by 7ish » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:11 pm

Contact Robert at McGregor Motorsport... They have them.
7ish

mudbasher
Paid Member

Post by mudbasher » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Got my hands on a set of 850cc injectors(bit of overkill) and engine is complete and back in the car :D , I've had it running but don't have a intake for new turbo so not willing to drive it till i fabricate one. Then with help from a mate at work we'll road tune it to a safe tune for breaking in the motor then on to dyno for power tune :twisted: .

mudbasher
Paid Member

Post by mudbasher » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:51 pm

went out today and road tuned it at 12psi, as we couldn't get the boost control to work & also need to get the vct & tach gauge working. Ign is now all fixed buy installing 2 tc4427 mosfet drivers(I have 2 spare if anyone is after some) & a quadspark unit. So far it's running really well and can't wait to wind the boost up to 15-18psi :twisted: .

mudbasher
Paid Member

Post by mudbasher » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:55 pm

Had knocking noise in rear suspension on way home yesterday. So jacked the back end up to check and left coil fell out :shock: . spax shock top bearing siezed causing shaft of shock to snap god only knows how it didn't fall out while driving. So went to the shop i got them from and they are no longer spax agent :cry: . Thought id better check the other side and it wad half siezed. :( . Emailed spax uk with no reply yet

McGregor Motorsport

Post by McGregor Motorsport » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:07 pm

photo please

JohnL
Paid Member

Post by JohnL » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:50 pm

yeah photo of the noise :D
MX5 powered Chevron in prep 2014