Coming soon!

Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Re: Coming soon!

Post by KiwiBirkin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 pm

There just as daft in OZ, after my car had all the paper work and I went to Queensland Transport to register my car on the road the lady in the office had trouble finding a model of car called a Grace Birkin S3 in the database, in the end it ended up as a Birkin Super Seven after I explained Grace was the cars name not model. :lol:
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

Super7Alfa
Paid Member

Post by Super7Alfa » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Lotus7Alfa wrote: The other snag I hit was that VTNZ registered the car as a 1974 Lotus Seven Replica of 1498cc. I also pointed out the error in engine size and was told that it would probably need to go to LVVTA "for the engine change", despite the fact that it was inspected and passed with that engine and it has had an engine of that size since at least 1988.
Well, I got fed up waiting for a reply from the local VTNZ man and phoned the NZTA today. It turns out that, according to their computer, the car has a 1962cc engine and they are mystified as to why the Certificate of Registration says 1498cc :D

Super7Alfa
Paid Member

Post by Super7Alfa » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Hot and sunny yesterday and I managed to get the hood soft enough to stretch it and get it fastened :D Just need to get the tonneau modified and sort out a missing windscreen stud and some missing/poor poppers at the back!

Super7Alfa
Paid Member

Post by Super7Alfa » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:00 am

I've decided to start a new thread a the title of this one is now obsolete :lol:

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Lotus7Alfa wrote:I've decided to start a new thread a the title of this one is now obsolete :lol:
Ok I will lock this one then so people post in your new one.

Cheers Stephen
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol: