Pete's Leitch

Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Re: Pete's Leitch

Post by Not-a-Number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 am

Gollum wrote:Sweet! Is it noticably better than when you took me around the block? It impressed the hell out of me then, it's hard to imagine it being better.
Noticeably smoother to the driver but probably not to a passenger. It use to backfire a lot on overrun (which is cool) but now its quiet and pulls really well all the way up to 6k revs. The carbs were good between 3-5k but seemed to give up after that.

It will be good to get it on a dyno.

Rookie
Paid Member

Post by Rookie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:18 pm

You should dial in a bunch of fuel at the high rpm-low throttle opening cells hahaha

Good work Mate, you are coming to the fraser trackday aye?
Locost 7: Powered by 1660cc of British FURY! coming to a town near you soon.

Remember: If a mechanic can do it, so can YOU!

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Rookie wrote:You should dial in a bunch of fuel at the high rpm-low throttle opening cells hahaha

Good work Mate, you are coming to the fraser trackday aye?

Yeah youre onto it. Leaning out the cells in the high vac areas makes is backfire like crazy. Even better though, now that I can super retard the timing, yesterday I made those cells super rich and had timing at a couple of degrees. Massive massive flames on overrun :lol:

Yeah ill be there. Going to be fun.

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Got it on the dyno this morning. Went well apart from the back of the car rubbing on the rollers! Bit I f 4x2 fixed it :lol:

Gained 13 horsepowers and 10 torques. Got it running mint and now have a 10.6L/100kms which is the main thing I was after.

Only 82hp at 5000 but 100ft lbs at 3500. I would of thought it would have more power than that but not fussed. Quite torquey though which is good!

Happy that its finally running properly and its ready to go for the track day!

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:46 am

Eventful weekend. Got to Napier from auckland and noticed that my Alibaba special header tank had a few pinholes in it. So topped it up. Leaving Napier yesterday I got about 5 minutes out and the tank split down the side and dropped its guts! The weld that was on it had be linished and polished off to look good. Leaving pretty much no weld!

Luckily I wasnt on the Taupo road but I was able to get it home no probably and found a place to weld it up.

Then going the back way down Old Taupo Road and had one of the Panhard bushes let go. Was enough for the driveshaft to rub on the driveshaft hoop and sound like my gearbox exploded! Luckily I had enough washes to fix it but I made my life really hard by putting a wider fuel tank in as the nut isnt captive and I could only just get my hand in there!

Had a good contortionist thing going on stuck in the boot using my feet to undo the bolt! :lol:

Good 7 hour trip!

Gollum

Post by Gollum » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:01 am

Lucky you've got those opposable toes going for you, monkey boy! :lol:

Sounds like a good road-trip, I avoid all those types of problems by having a car that never emerges from under its cover....