Released to the wild

Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

JACAR

Released to the wild

Post by JACAR » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Picked it up from Frasers on Friday. Already started exploring Whitford road-visiting My sister. Sunday was breakfast in Albany then Coffee in Browns Bay, via Kumeu, Riverhead & Silverdale.
Really pleased with it. Although driving in 30° is hot, even with a breeze,Image

nz_climber
Paid Member

Re: Released to the wild

Post by nz_climber » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:43 pm

Congrats on the major milestone. That first drive is amazing. Welcome to the addiction!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Linesy
Paid Member

Post by Linesy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:52 pm

Looking Good, Well done!
I have no doubt you'll love putting some miles on it. Addiction is the right word - I drive mine as often as I can!

Cheers
Linesy

JACAR

Made my own bimini top

Post by JACAR » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:50 pm

Managed to get caught in a sudden downpour last weekend. So this weekend I made my own Bimini Top. If I had the use of an industrial sewing machine it may have looked prettier - and if I could be bothered making it a second time it definitely would. But as a first attempt and because its needed "just in case" for the Fraser track day weekend - I think its ok.
Image Image Image

flewy
Paid Member

Post by flewy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:57 pm

Looks good......btw it never rains taupo weekend..... :)

Matt
2010 4AGE Blacktop Fraser Clubman......talk about fun......CALEB7

nz_climber
Paid Member

Post by nz_climber » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:19 pm

No you have ruined it by saying that Matt, holding you responsible now! Top looks good though!

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

7folly

Post by 7folly » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:12 pm

When I was running my Alfa 33 in the Trofeo series we were down as the support races for the 3 hour race at Taupo. Expecting it to be damp and being keen to steal a march on the rest of our class, we drove up from Palmerston North on Thursday so we could do a test day on the wet Friday which gave us a really good setup for race day. However, when we arrived on Saturday it was so wet that our races were cancelled to allow extra track time for the endurance guys. An extra day out of the office, an extra night's accommodation and meals, a really good race setup and then no racing left us less than impressed, so don't tell me it never rains at Taupo!

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:23 am

JCAR

That's a fantastic looking Fraser, what headlights are they.

Cheers Stephen
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

JACAR

Post by JACAR » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:24 pm

KiwiBirkin wrote:JCAR

That's a fantastic looking Fraser, what headlights are they.

Cheers Stephen
Headlights are photon projectors. I got the HID inserts but they proved to be a bit of a problem electrically so in the interests of reliability and simplicity went back to standard H1 bulbs. They come from the uk. Like other bits on the car ( 12" wilwood brakes, sierra rear discs, savage switches, jenvey throttle bodies) they added a lot of expense when standard lights, cortina calipers, drum brakes and mx5 induction were perfectly ok. But its my car, it looks like I dreamed it and I saved for it, paid for it or made it. Next upgrade is the quaife atb lsd, then when I win lotto.......:-)
Its a very driveable car in traffic. It appears to go much better than I can drive, and modest person I am, I love it when people say wow. No matter how much we all say we like our cars - I dont think any of us can drive a 7 without being just a little bit of a show off either !! Cheers