KiwiBirins ride

Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 am

Last week while I was out for a drive with Troydon in his Fraser and he had a couple of halogen spotlights in his grill and the thing I notice while ahead of him was how visable his car was with them on and his main headlights too, even at a very far distance you could see his car very clearly, after a couple of close calls this week in Grace with cars pulling out in front of me or turning across me I decided they were a good idea.

So off to Supercheap and $70 later for 2x 50w spotlights ($29.95) and relay and in line fuse and the variuos connectors needed I was set to go, I removed my radiator and took it too work and welded some mounting lugs on the bottom and then had one of the guys machine upo some nice ali stalks to put the spotlights on. once the radiator was fitted back on and the lights mounted it took about 2 hours to wire all up through the replay and inline fuse and it was all set to go. Im very please with the result and im sure its going to help me be more visable to cars around me now.

Some pics

They work :)

Finished effect

I thought I would add this in too as I didnt put a p8icture up of my car with the socks on the new 70mm trumpets, I love the look of the engine bay now with these on.

Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Well thats it Grace is in the container and awaiting the rest of our gear, next stop Brisbane and warmer roads :)......see you on the sunny side guys.

Delivered to Crown Removals and Graces only ever trip on a trailer as I didn't want her getting dirty after spending 4 days cleaning her, thanks to 7ish for the trailer and lift...oh and BTW managed to get past 60000km on the clock

Ledzep

Re: Awestrickinfailya?

Post by Ledzep » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Whaaat? Australia? Nah that can't be right.

But if it's true - good luck to you and Marg and thanks for the awesome effort getting the forum up and running and sustaining it so well.

Tom

heavyseven
Paid Member

Post by heavyseven » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Hear hear!

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:46 pm

While waiting for Grace to arrive to use as my daily driver we need to have another car, not wanting your average tin box that is a boring car to drive, we decided to get something with a bit of character and that fits in with the style of cars we like... something fun and interesting. We looked at newer Mazda MX5's, Ford Focus XR5's but in the end settled on a JK Jeep Wrangler as it looks like a fun car to own and is also the biggest selling 4WD in Australia and will give us options to explore of the beaten track once we have the pop top camper.

After a few weeks of looking and missing out on 3 cars because I was too slow in making offers (you need to buy fast here as the market is very active) I finally had a Jeep at the right price from a guy who need to sell by Wed this week, after some negotiating I managed to drop him for $22K down to $17500 subject to a full RACQ check and test drive, all turnout out ok and I purchased the car.

Jeep is a 2007 JK auto with Renegade pack and 75000 kms on the clock, I had to pay $500 in govt taxes and also $800 for a years rego due to it being a 3.8L V6, it still worked out cheaper than a similar car on Trademe in NZ where the same year car would have cost me $28k+

Im going to join a off road club so I can learn some of the basics as there are plenty of place to explore with these cars, also beach access is very easy and there are plenty of place along the beaches to camp on but you need a 4WD to get too them.

Anyway here is a picture of the new addition, just need too name her now.

Relaxing Sunday morning :)

7ish
Paid Member

Post by 7ish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:06 pm

There can be only one name for the new car....Sheila.

Hope all is going well ...
Cheers.
7ish

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:34 pm

7ish wrote:There can be only one name for the new car....Sheila.

Hope all is going well ...
Cheers.
The new car's name is Stu after my mate Stuart called it a tool and said I was stupid to name it. :lol:

It's going ok, some challenges but nothing too serious, the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast are on day 41 of sunshine and no rain, it's quite funny waking up day after day and it's clear blue sky and mild, still a bit chilly in the morning though.

Have started to explore the hinterland roads behind Brisbane and found some nice roads that Grace will love 10 mins from where we are living, also all the roads are bitumum which is nice and smooth there is no stone chip here at all and it's very noticble how much less road noise there is inside the cabins of the cars I have driven. Really looking forward to getting Grace here and on the road but she hasn't left NZ yet.

Anyway rambling, Cheers Stephen

flewy
Paid Member

Post by flewy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Good luck dude....We have the classic before Christmas wind here in Welly ....bloody horrible to be honest...

Can't wait to see your adventures with Grace once it arrives....

Matt
2010 4AGE Blacktop Fraser Clubman......talk about fun......CALEB7

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:04 pm

flewy wrote:Good luck dude....We have the classic before Christmas wind here in Welly ....bloody horrible to be honest...

Can't wait to see your adventures with Grace once it arrives....
Im really looking forward to getting Grace on the roads, it was a cool :lol: 24deg here on the weekend and perfect clear blue skies with no wind, just perfect for a Lotus 7, also spotted my first Lotus on Sunday and it was a Birkin, had what they call P plates on it (learner driver does 2 years on P plates before becoming legal) and the guy driving it was 17 and it was his dads car, he still had 1 year on the P plate left to do. (what a great dad)

Did a bit more exploring around the area and found a pier down at a place called Redcliffs, lots of cafes to have brunch at right on the Moreton Bay and a great place to drive Grace down to for breakfast.

Couple of pics from Redcliffs

Free swiming pool area (there are 3 pools this is just one of them)

Moreton Bay island with bush fire burning for the last 2 weeks, which is the smoke you can see.

And one from the top of Q1 tower on the Gold Coast, we have purchased a years pass for $29 so we can have a coffee up there when ever we are down that way or pop up for evening drinks at night.

Started looking at houses on Sat and have my eye on this one, 305sqm with a pool for $549K

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Just been informed my car has arrived in OZ, lest just hope its in the same condition as it left, next I have to get the value sorted out and pay duty +GST on that value.